CENTRE DES FEMMES AFGHANES
1857, Boul. Maisonneuve Ouest Suite: 305
JOB OFFER: Administrative Assistant
(Full-time, temporary contract with potential for extension)
The Afghan Women’s Centre of Montreal (AWCM) is a non-profit organization located in downtown Montreal. We work with immigrant women on an individual and collective basis to help empower them to participate fully in their communities, discover their place in society, break isolation and find the best ways to meet their needs, both economically and socially. We provide a range of services and activities catered to the needs of our community.
Our organization aims to give its members a sense of belonging, a safe space where their voices and expression are welcome and give them hope for a better future in Quebec.
AWCM is looking to hire a Full-time administrative assistant for 30 hours per week to work in our office downtown (near Guy-Concordia Metro Station).
We offer a 6 to 7-month contract beginning immediately, with the potential for contract renewal.
Requirements: - Fluency in French and English is essential
- Experience working in community sector an asset
- Experience in office administration as asset
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office and computer skills
Principle Tasks: - Provide general administrative support for projects and communications for the organization (e.g. answering phones and emails, note taking at meetings, updating internal and official documents)
- Help to organize meetings and events including booking meeting space, corresponding with attendees and promotion, taking minutes, etc.
- Update website and social media as needed If interested, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.